ToolTip Placement not working as expected

Topics: question
Oct 10, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Hi,

I am trying to implement the tooltipservice/tooltip using any placement other than Mouse and no matter what properties I set the tooltip is always displayed in the top left-hand corner of the screen i.e. 0, 0.

Pulling the source code into my solution I can see that the placement target is always null, regardless of how it is set within the XAML, and hence the PerformPlacement() method is always coming back with zero x & y values to set the offsets. Using Mouse placement works as expected.

Can someone please advice what I am missing as I asumed placement would work exactly the same as the standard controls.

Thanx,

Chris

Oct 11, 2011 at 4:44 PM

The same happens to me....

Anyone can help us plz.

Thanks,

João

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Hi all,

apologies for the delay here, but I'm running a bit out of time in order to maintain this project (this is a spare-time-only open source project).

Manual PlacementTarget is one of the properties I don't support yet, or at least has issues when deviating from the default setting.

However, if you dive into the code, it should be fairly easy to add this functionality, but I just lack the time at the moment to do so myself.

If you really need this functionality, I'd suggest you create a fork, try to fix/implement it, and send me a pull request for the solution that worked for you.

Otherwise, you'll have to wait a bit longer I fear..

Best regards,

Xavier